Prestige Recruitment are working with our prestigious client, a well-established and progressive food manufacturer for the role of Despatch Manager. Our client is passionate about what they do and about doing it well. They take pride in high quality and delicious food. They see their people as one of the key ingredients, seeing them as a critical role in driving the continued success of the business.
To ensure optimal service levels are delivered to all internal and external customers. Ensure efficient picking and loading of all deliveries is completed in line with regulatory and company requirements, to the highest standards.
· Lead and motivate the team, monitoring performance and development against set department objectives.
· Oversee document control ensuring compliance with internal and external audit procedures
· Deal with day to day employment relation issues including return to work interviews and staffing requirements to ensure adequate cover for weekly forecast / daily demand / holidays / absence.
· Control the flow of all paperwork throughout despatch.
· Ensure compliance to correct loading procedures.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with Food Safety, Legality and Quality Systems.
· Responsible for the correct packing of all customer orders, efficient use of resources within the picking area & complete final quality checks.
· Maintaining and controlling the optimum number of staff required to ensure a profitable and efficient picking area.
· Ensure the products are picked to exact customer requirements - undamaged, hygienically and without waste of manpower or time.
· Ensure that job training is carried out and recorded, so that all staff are interchangeable and quality procedure is adhered to.
· Briefing and constantly communicating the company requirements and team performances to staff.
· Looking at cost savings & business improvement.
· Ensure the High Care Supervisor and/or senior managers are aware of problem areas in picking and staffing before they become critical to the job.
· Responsible for packing a designated section each day, and covering for absence and holidays.
· Carry out any other reasonable tasks that are required as part of the needs of the business
Skills and experience
· Computer literate and fully competent with Sage and Excel.
· FLT Licence (counterbalance)
· Vehicle loading/ unloading experience
· Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Self-motivated and flexible attitude
· Strive for continuous improvement
· Leadership skills
· Motivating a team
· Strong understanding of health and safety requirements
· Excellent level of numeracy and literacy
· Strong organisational and communication skills
· People Management
· Food Hygiene
· Manual handling
Please call Liz at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for further information. Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 25 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.