Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Clinical Coder to work within a public sector organisation, based in Great Yarmouth. The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and have an expert knowledge to analyse terms and relevant documents.
The duties of the role include:
• Interpreting medical terminology written by clinicians and professionals to medicine
• Translating statistical codes
• Applying a 4 step coding process accurately
• Maintaining consistency to relevant source documents, ensuring data is comparable for local/ national use
• Achieving the agreed financial reporting targets
• Using expert knowledge to analyse and interpret terms
• Diagnosing using the relevant sources
• Accessing local and national policies and procedure documents for clinical coding
• Assessing Histopathology and Radiology systems
• Assessing relevant electronic information sources to verify and clarify undertaken interventions
• Use the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (1CD10)
• Use the National Classification of Interventions Procedures (OPCS4)
• Adhere to health and safety procedures
• Source Health Records as required in order to complete clinical coding and validate
• On achieving Accredited Clinical Coding status, act as a mentor to junior coders
• Communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues in seeking clarification
• Ensuring code assignments are accurate
• Resolving any query raised in respect of patient data held on the Patient Administration System (PAS)
• Proactively contribute to Continued Professional Development
• Undertaking individual project work to promote personal development and enhance the efficiency of the department
• Working to a high standard and maintain consistency
• Using excellent analytical and organisational skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• IHRIM ACC qualification
• Foundation certificate in clinical coding
• Practical coding experience of major clinical specialities
• Attendance records of Coding Standards Refresher every 3 years
• Broad understanding of anatomy and medical terminology
• Self-motivated, methodical work ethic
• Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Temporary ongoing
Pay Rate: £10.96 - £14.12/hr
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please call Beth at Prestige Recruitment Specialists for more information regarding the role, telephone 01482 212 581.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 20 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.