Clerical officer / booking clerk
o provide dedicated clerical support, as part of a team responsible for the administration of Radiology appointments using the partial and full booking processes in a centralised booking centre. You are responsible for the delivery of the Trust’s Waiting List Policy ensuring waiting times and booking targets are met in Radiology. You will effectively utilise the Radiology Information System (Radcentre) to schedule appointment, send out relevant letters and information to patients and keep accurate electronic records and documentation. You will have excellent telephone skills, be able to communicate at all levels, work flexibly and be able to organise and prioritise your own workload.
Overview of Essential Responsibilities:
- To undertake booking of appointments for all procedures within
Radiology in Line with Trust Policy and department protocols.
- To record receipt of referrals on Radcentre, ensuring information is accurate, up to date and sufficient for its purpose.
- Utilise appointment slots effectively, and identify any potential problems to your Line Manager, in order to ensure targets are met.
- Liaise with staff regarding sessions and appointment slots.
- Attend appropriate training and development courses, including mandatory training, so as to keep informed and up to date with all relevant booking and waiting list protocols.
- To maintain a high standard of customer service, dealing with telephone queries to the required standard, being polite, informative and communicating in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- To work in all relevant areas of the department and Hospital sites on the A&C rota, as required.
- Ensure personal compliance with Trust policies, procedures and department policies.
- Ensure that the quality standards associated with clerical support and patient administration are achieved.
- Ensure that all information held is secure and dealt with in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
- To maintain complete confidentiality
- To take part in the appraisal system operating within the department.
- To report any problems or faults with equipment to the Office Manager.
- To assist in the training of new or junior staff.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the service provided
- To ensure the efficient and effective use of all resources used within the course of one’s own duties, maintaining an awareness of the financial impact of inappropriate use.