NHS Band 3 - Hospital based – Across Hull and Cottingham
Work hours and days are flexible – Between 06:00-20:00, Monday to Sunday
Salary: £11.14 per hour
Must have Level 2 food hygiene/safety
Kitchen experience essential
Chef qualifications desirable
To assume supervisory responsibility in the provision of a comprehensive and cost-effective catering production service that meets the needs of staff, visitors and patients, and fulfils the objectives of the Trust.
Duties will include preparation, production and service of food items in a food safe environment.
To work in accordance with Food Hygiene Regulations, Codes of Practice for Caterers and all relevant Trust Policy documents.
To allocate work and advise staff on lower grades.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for organisation and delegation of work and work planning.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the retail team and to offer support to the wider catering team.
- To undertake effective induction and training of new and existing members of staff.
- Participate and supervise preparation and production of a wide variety of menu items.
- Ensuring economical use of food/ingredients and minimisation of waste reporting any concerns to management and proactively reducing the waste.
- Contribute to menu review/planning in a timely manner.
- Ensure food service time-scales are met.
- Assist in the compilation and subsequent processing of supplies requisitions using relevant IT processes.
- Supervise transfer and storage of supplies and deliveries, following correct lifting and handling procedures.
- Opening and closing checks to meet quality and safety standards.
- Cash handling including cashing up.
- Contribute to service improvement by evaluating own work and that of the team and making changes where appropriate.
- To assist in the effective supervision of all aspects of departmental security.
- Ability to ensure agreed departmental standards are met.
- Complete all required documentation including food temperature checks and records pertaining to the policies and procedures of the Trust’s catering service.
- Ensuring high standards of food safety, kitchen hygiene and personal hygiene including work wear for yourself and the team.
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness in designated work areas within documented cleaning schedules and audits.
- Timely reporting of faults in machinery, equipment, furnishings and fabric through the appropriate channels (online and line manager)
- Contribute to a food safe environment by complying rigorously with Food Hygiene Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ensure safe systems of work and a safe working environment in accordance with Trust Health & Safety Policies.
- Compliance with the departmental Food Safety Policy and HACCP System.
- Compliance with the Catering Department’s Codes of Practice Document and Equipment Manual guidelines including updating the asset registers.
- Ability to follow guidelines set out in the departmental equipment manual and other training materials.
- To promote a spirit of collaborative working within the department.
- Effective communication with colleagues, customers and other departments within the Trust.
- Attend any departmental or Trust briefings as requested and allow adequate time for team members to attend relevant briefings.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in accordance with Trust Policies.
- Participate in Personal Performance and Development of staff on lower grades using the Trust appraisal process.
- To check and process all queries on health roster and ensure accurate planning of future roster patterns in advance.
- Ensure health roster is finalised for monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] or call the Commercial team on 01482 382 301 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of CVs we are currently receiving, we are unable to reply to each application. If you have not heard from us within 10 days, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note: Prestige Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer with 30 years of service within the recruitment & staffing sector.