Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for an experienced Catering Assistant for a large public sector organisation within the WetherbyArea.
The successful candidate must have a vocational qualification for a similar role and have catering experience.
Main Duties include:
• Supervise and support staff in all activities within the kitchen; including food preparation and delivery
• Create menus, incorporating any special requirements and provide meal descriptions
• Check receipt of deliveries, stores and stock control
• Visit residential areas to check on hygiene standards and food servery activity; offer guidance, carry out checks and support staff
• Provide Food Safety, Health and Hygiene training
• Reports equipment breakdown and records maintenance requirements
• Assist the Catering Manager to produce meals for different events
• Undertake all the duties of a Caterer as required
• Supervise all staff within their area of responsibility, ensuring they are briefed on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard
• Prioritise activities in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Catering manager when required
• Contribute to the development of local practice, process and initiatives, ensure consistency across the unit in the application of policies and procedures
• Carry out interviews and inductions within the area of work, ensuring that staff are appropriately inducted and deployed, completes basic documentation
• Contribute to staff appraisals providing relevant performance information to Line Managers
• Manage the tool inventory and maintains security standards within the work area
• Issuing behaviour warnings, governor reports and minor reports
• Update files on the databases and confirm attendance to work and authorise the pay
• Complete paperwork for accident reports
• Support the achievement of Service Delivery Indicators (SDI) and standards, checking compliance with specific policy standards and suggesting improvements
• Undertake compliance checks, contribute to risk assessments and respond to hazards as and when appropriate
• Maintain sufficient levels of stock and when required procure goods and services using procurement system ensuring value for money and compliance with procurement/finance rules
The ideal candidate must have:
• Level 2 certificate in Food Production within Hospitality and Catering or equivalent or attained higher qualifications or be working towards them as noted.
• Food hygiene Level 3 qualification
• Be familiar with all current health, safety and hygiene regulations
• Refresher training in Food safety (HACCP) should be completed every 3 years
Please submit an up to date copy of your CV in the first instance
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist will be submitted to our client. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.