WE ARE RECRUITING FOR OUR CLIENT WHO ARE THE UK’S LARGEST PORK PROCESSORS AND DUE TO DEMANDS ARE CURRENTLY EXPANDING THEIR TEAMS AND ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT PRODUCTION OPERATIVES FOR THE BULK PACKING DEPARTMENT.
Have you experience within Food Processing? Are you happy to work with Meat products? Are you self-motivated and hardworking? Are you looking for on-going work full time or part time and the opportunity of a permanent contract? Have you a can-do, positive attitude? If yes then we want to talk to you.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited are recruiting on behalf of our long term client Cranswick Country Foods Preston. The site in Preston, Hull originally dates back to the 1970s Cranswick Bought the facility in the early 1990s which was the start of their venture into retail. Today, Preston is the largest pork processor in the UK and is affectionately known as the heart of our client Cranswick Country Foods, supplying raw material to all their sister sites. With all that in mind our client is looking to invest and expand the team and have numerous immediate opportunities for Production Operatives within their Bulk Packing department. Successful candidates will be working in a pork processing environment, you will be working on fast-paced lines, and working alongside line leaders in ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations in order to fulfil business and department targets, while maintaining product safety and quality standards. We are looking for candidates that are reliable, flexible, self-motivated and hardworking, to which would lead to a permanent opportunity.
What we are looking for:
- Applicants to have good attention to detail for quality control and despatch of customers’ orders
- Applicants must be physically fit due to the nature and responsibilities of the role
- Applicants under the guidance of shift manager and line leader will ensure that each product specification is followed and any anomalies are reported immediately.
- Applicants will be handling meat that is prepared for stringing, ham, roast joints weighing between 2 – 5 kg.
- Responsibilities will include packing, stacking trays weighing, manual handling, labelling, stacking boxes on pallets and making sure the final product meets the needs of the client.
- Ensuring and continuously checking the quality of products on the line.
- Reliable, well-mannered and have a good absence and timekeeping record
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and willingness towards meeting deadlines
- Work on your own initiative and work well in a team
- Proactive with a desire and attitude to learn and develop
- An excellent attitude towards Health and Safety and will be expected to work at a high standard, Complying with food Safety and Quality procedures at all times
We Can Offer:
- Basic rates of £10.30 - £11.01 depending on skill
- Overtime payment of 1 x 1.333 of basic rate after 40 hours worked per week
- Working on a Monday to Friday shift pattern
- Various shift starts; 06:00, 07:00, 08:00 & 09:00 till finish
- Immediate starts following completion of registration and induction
- Regular opportunities to apply for permanent contracts with the client
- 28 days’ paid annual leave (including public holidays)
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Onsite assistance from PRS representatives
- Friendly and supporting working environment
- Training and career progression
To discuss this role or any other vacancy Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited can offer with continuation of regular work right throughout the year with excellent pay rates, the potential of a permanent opportunity, training and career progression with immediate starts then please contact the Resource Department on: 01482 212581 or email us your CV to: [email protected] or register immediately on our website to be booked for an immediate interview @ www.prestige-recruitment.com