Assistant Medical Staffing Mangager
- The Assistant Medical Staffing Manager will support the Medical Workforce Manager and Medical Recruitment Manager in the operational delivery of a comprehensive medical resource service to the Trust.
- To actively support the Medical Workforce Manager and Medical Recruitment Manager in the reduction of medical vacancies and the reduction of reliance on agency staff.
- To support and contribute to policy and Standard Operating Procedure development and ensure they are fully implemented and embedded.
- Day to day operational management of the Medical Resource team and delivery of Key Performance Indicators and Trust objectives.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on a range of issues including the interpretation and application of Terms and Conditions of Service; employment legislation and practices; policies and procedures; the management/recruitment of overseas doctors.
- Makes recommendations and develops Trust Policies in relation to medical staff.
- Implement new systems and administrative processes in relation to the recruitment for medical staff.
- Support retention initiatives for medical staff.
- Provide comprehensive advice across directorates on a range of medical staffing issues.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Medical staffing team, providing leadership to directly managed staff and ensure appropriate delegation.
Person Specification / Qualifications/ Skills
Degree or equivalent experience
Experience of Medical Staffing at an operational level
Developing audit processes
Knowledge of Medical Staffing issues and processes
Knowledge of employment legislation in relation to recruitment
Flexible approach and willingness to adapt to service requirements
Calm under pressure