SUMMARY OF ROLE Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of our fit out projects. They will also manage and lead construction team.
- Responsible for the control of the project on site throughout the construction phase.
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed sub contractor list.
- Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
- Fulfil the role of Temporary Works Co-Ordinator on the project.
- Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
- Effectively communicate with the Design Team to ensure the timely release of design information.
- Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged, on target in line with the master programme.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
- Organise and chair weekly review meetings with GA site/sub-contractors team.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Management Policy.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process as and when required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Complete installation works as required.
The role will be with our projects team and the successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day site management of our fit outs. You will be responsible for the successful implementation of our projects on site.
Joinery NVQ Level 2
- First Aid Appointed Person
- Computer Literate