Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a MACHINE MENDER to work in TADCASTER, on a TEMP/ONGOING basis.
Pay Rate/Salary: £8.14 (basic 40 hours) - £10.18 OT (41-45 hours) - £12.21 OT (46+ hours)
Hours of Work:
Mon-Fri DAYS: 6am (or 7 or 8) -5pm
Predicted length of term: TEMP/ ONGOING
SHORT INTRODUCTION TO THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading potato supplier who have being established for more than 85 years . They produce a range of pre-packed options including washed and unwashed into retail and wholesale outlets.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
To manage their designated area team of Operators to achieve daily production plans, utilise plant and materials efficiently and maintain and record accurate records. To ensure that team members are gainfully employed and G.M.P.’s are being adhered to. To support the team and other dept’s to achieve company objectives.
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE – to support the pack-house for achievement of the production plan.
2. PLANT PERFORMANCE – to optimize plant performance via measurement & monitoring including line speeds v target, output rates, waste levels, quality & hygiene. To action rework quickly. Implement quick changeover methodologies to ensure timely and effective changeovers and start ups.
3. QUALITY – Responsible for carrying out quality checks on all finished goods / WIP leaving the area. Responsible for ensuring that accurate production records are maintained. Uphold and promote the quality standards, including control of foreign bodies. Managing the effectiveness of the “clean as you go” policy in your area.
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT –To continuously inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives. To maintain the line information notice-board up to date..
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT – To co-operate with all relevant parties to ensure that the skills & training requirements of the team are addressed. To work alongside the Supervisor to motivate a team to achieve shared business objectives.
6. HEALTH AND SAFETY – To contribute towards maintaining high health and safety standards in the area of responsibility and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. To co-operate with the completion of audit schedules.
7. INNOVATION / IMPROVEMENT – to promote continuous improvement and as part of the team proactively seek new & improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process.
8. PROBLEM SOLVING – to participate in problem solving & trouble shooting in an attempt to identify root causes & take fast & effective responses to problems.
9. TEAM-WORKING - To work collaboratively with other teams / functions in undertaking these responsibilities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Understanding of factory operations
• Behavioural Safety awareness / Risk Assessment experience
• Basic Food Hygiene Qualification
Working to health and safety, environmental and other standards as they apply to the Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd is an award winning, independent recruitment agency, currently celebrating 25 years of recruiting excellence, and with offices throughout Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia. Please see www.prestige-recruitment.com for more information.
Please note that Prestige Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for the role please send your CV t firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of candidates compiled to provide to our client. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.